Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes you can't win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I have fed ants, fish food, mealworms, and a small beetle to my VFT, and the trap has never died on me. I suggest you do what you mentioned before - feed it a single insect - and after a few days, feed it another. Once it gets used to a diet of bugs, try taking it outside again. These things DO get by on their own in Carolina. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Please keep us informed what you observe.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seminole,
    It may be that your plant wasn't used to getting so much so fast as, I believe was mentioned above. I have had this problem with my VFTs, especially in the spring when I first start putting them outside. I just left them outside and now the new leaves are catching several insects before they quit working.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Followup:

Well now,it appears that the traps that died off may have been a blessing in disguise.

The replacement traps that grew back are especially vigorous.They are as big as my thumb from the knuckle to the tip and have nice thick walls and are a deep, deep red.

The traps that were dying off after their first feeding were much more puny in comparison but it looks as if they did the job ...that is...provided the supplemental nutrients the VFT needed to continue development.

It's back outside and again nabbing bugs....so far the new traps are not showing signs of decay...and hopefully will reopen after digestion.....fingers crossed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12