Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is tadpoles in water where ever I go......*Also gets evil thoughts...*
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Well, I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but although I disagree with feeding anything to Cps other than insects, I really don't think that buckmaster did anything cruel to the little toads. The little things prabably suffocated pretty soon after the trap closed, so I don't think it was too horrid a death. And like UKC said, this probably happens in nature...
    Lman, feel free to call the SPCA if someone start pulling off the legs of toads though, because that would be cruel, and would definitly be cause for concern. So nobody do that ok!?

Joel
    http://homepage.mac.com/mindmaze128/...lood forum.jpg
    Joel Martínez
    San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom would kill me if i did that. Really, she would. Besides, toads and frogs are quite common everywhere, as long as you know what type of frog or toad it is. But hey, its not like the EPA is gonna take you to court. lol
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

another thing, I've said prayers for the poor little guy. I saw a pic of a tree frog sleeping happily in a sarr. no, it wasn't being digested. I hope that you consider the loss, "he was feeding a living thing to a live thing is a sad excuse. I just hope you don't have more mind problemos...
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does natural trapping of toads and frogs count as somthing the Society of Prevation of Cruelty to Animals will care about? Because on page 105 of the book savage garden, third paragraph from the top, you'll see this:

"That the plants do catch larger animals, such as the Pacific tree frog, is something that I have witnessed amoung my greenhouse plants many times."

You may or may not also know that most frogs and toads never even reach adulthood, where they become fertile... Being found in an urban location, there is very little chance that that frog that was used to benefit another living thing would have lived to see its own eggs...

It is also reported that tadpoles and baby fishies are eaten by utricularia, in a rather greusome way:

"The biggest prey include newly hatched fish fry and tadpolettes."

The tail gets sucked in, and is digested. When the trap is reset, the tadpole wiggles away, only to reset the trap and have another chunk taken out of it... (The Savage Garden, p222)

A blue bottle fly can lay as many as 600 eggs at once. By you slaying of them for the sake of your plant, look at how many new living Diptera you have prevented from ever seeing the light of day.

On a personal note... I find it offensive that you ask for seed so blatantly...

I won't continue this any longer... I dont see it to be necassary... Do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I go away for a few days and look what happens!!! I didn't mean to ruffle everyone's feathers. I simply posted this because I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to get some feedback on what people thought may happen. I am happy to say that all three traps that were fed toads have opened and the plant is growing as fast as ever. As for the SPCA comments, spare me. It's not like I tortured the things. That was a better fate than the lawn mower, which I'm sure alot of them got!!!!! Sorry if I offended anyone. I can't help that I'm so stupid, I mean disturbed.
    Buckmaster
    I like animals. They're tasty. B.J. Bailey Stillwater, OK USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its kewl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you, Parasuco, for defending me. Thanks a million!!!

Buckmaster
    I like animals. They're tasty. B.J. Bailey Stillwater, OK USA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast