Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a little morbid, but today my friend and I were out in the back yard and he bent over and said "Hey look it's a little toad. Let's feed it to your plants." He then caught the toad and brought it over to me. At first I thought he meant feed it to my sarrs, but after looking at the size of the toad, about the size of a black-eyed-pea, I thought hey, I bet my VFT would enjoy this little morsel. So we took it inside to my room (where I keep the beasts) and placed it into one of the traps on my green dragon. The trap immediately closed on the poor toad and it had no chance of escape. This was about 2 hours ago. Since then the trap has sealed shut and begun to consume the toad.

I know I am a sick person, but I was just wondering if anyone else was as sick as I am and had fed anything like this to their VFT.
    Buckmaster [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    I like animals. They're tasty. B.J. Bailey Stillwater, OK USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

insects deserve it,if i had caught a baby frog i would have let it go.also all frogs secrete some kind of mucus on there skin to ward off predators,it may or may not have a adverse affect on your vft.personally i would not do that to a poor baby frog cause frogs dont sting us bite us or fly in our faces like insects do. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

You know, I am sure you aren't the first and won't be the last person to do that.

I feel for the poor guy but such is life, lets face it vfts grow in bogs and so do toads and frogs I am sure naturally there is a very good chance that this could happen.

I would keep an eye on the trap though since there is a very good chance it will turn black and rot and as CPSINC stated toads do have a natural defense of secreting poisons.

By the way how big is your vft?
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Anyone know if you can find tiny gold fish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unknownclown,

It's traps are about an inch and quarter long. I can't believe how much bigger it is now than when I got it. I got the double plant option from here and each plant has about 6-8 traps on it. It's kinda weird though, one of the plants is putting up tall, skinny, erect leaves and the other is growing in a rosette, close to the ground on short, fat leaves.

On the toxin note; I thought about this but the toad was sooooo small I thought maybe it was too young to produce them. Hopefully I'm right and there will be a little toad skeleton in the trap in a few weeks!! Sorry, I'm disturbed.
    Buckmaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I'd love to see a picture. When it opens, could you kindly take a picture and post it here. Yes yes, I'm a little sick too.

I wonder if one could feed VFT's bits of fruits or berries, and whether that'll do any good. Vegetarian CP.

Leo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure what I can do about the picture as I don't have a digital camera. However, I'll ask around and try to find someone who does or maybe even a scanner. BTW, I have now fed it a total of 3 toads!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I couldn't help myself. It's just too cool!!! Hopefully it doesn't harm my plant.

Buckmaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Do you rememer that AOL commercial, where there was a video of a VFT closing over a tree frog or somthing like that It was real footage, so i'm sure it happens in nature... too good a shot to be set up.

I kinda wanna do that. I have since i saw that commercial...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast