What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap plantlet from trap cutting

wait let me get this str8,(imma newb) u got the head off (the dead trap) from the neck and put it in a terrerium and it starts to grow roots from the neck of the trap?

You know what's funny.

I have a small VFT in ouside and one night the first night out a critter bit a small trap off. But the trap layed in the LFS.

I just checked and I got some small growth going on under the plant. Cool.

I'm gonna try this in the middle of summer, when the plan is in full photosynthetic swing (that way it'll have alot of energy). Then i'll plant it and see what happens!
biggrin.gif

This makes me wonder if you could do cuttings of other CP's like this. I'll take the leaf on the top of a pitcher plant or nepenthes, stick it in the ground, and I might end up with another plant! Maybe I could take the hairs on sundews and grow plants. For the VFT, I would take the trap and cut down the middle so that the lobes are seperated. That might be the way to get two plants. Does anybody have spare plants that they want to dedicate to science?

I've had bad luck with cuttings, but i do well with Nepenthes, not anything else though.

Back