What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SW Giant Photo

9974454-8ecb-01B8022D-.jpg

9974455-f7a6-01680164-.jpg

My SW Giant photos! I don't have a camera so I had to do them on a scanner. I scanned the ruler in separately since I didn't have enough hands to hold it with (I had to hold the scanner above the plant which wasn't easy:) ). The ruler is the same percentage zoom as the plant and I know it's easy to fake it, but you'll have to trust me on that. I can't wait for 2" traps in summer!

Finally, a photo of a fully grown SW Giant in summer:

9974456-56b6-01B00177-.jpg

(Edited by Alvin Meister at 11:44 am on May 11, 2002)

Alvin--

Links look to be broken. Please repost.

--Steve

Hmm. They are on Yahoo Photos - maybe you can't link to them.

SO this is when you go to edit highlight the address and post in address bar then click go. Simple. Doi the same for other photo.
smile.gif

OK thta is all wrong so I am outta ideas except your links are broken.

I can't see them. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE repost I've never seen a Southwest Giant before.

smile.gif

I'm at my girlfriend's flat so I'm just snatching 5 mins to look on here. I'll sort it tonight, don't worry.

I'd hate to burst your bubble , but 2 of my store bought typicals have traps that big. I don't think SW are really super big.

smile.gif

Well it's the biggest trap I've seen so far. Wait til it really gets going.

Ok now you realy have me conused I have 2 that I had boughten last summer that look just like them I asked for a giant form of vft and left it at that. When I got it I just figured that they sent me a large common vft. Could someone tell me the difference between the 2?
The ones I have the traps are between one 1 1/2"- 1 3/4" and look just like that they are outside getting all the sunlight that they could ask for and yet they only have a little red like the ones in the pic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Alvin Meister on 6:16 am on May 10, 2002
9974454-8ecb-01B8022D-.jpg

9974455-f7a6-01680164-.jpg

My SW Giant photos! I don't have a camera so I had to do them on a scanner. I scanned the ruler in separately since I didn't have enough hands to hold it with (I had to hold the scanner above the plant which wasn't easy:) ). The ruler is the same percentage zoom as the plant and I know it's easy to fake it, but you'll have to trust me on that. I can't wait for 2" traps in summer!

Finally, a photo of a fully grown SW Giant in summer:

9974456-56b6-01B00177-.jpg

(Edited by Alvin Meister at 11:44 am on May 11, 2002)
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice;)

Back