I recently got my first fly trap, although i have been fascinated by them for quiet awhile now. They are not so easy to come accross since i live in S. Africa and people with first hand information on them is also a hard find. I've been looking around on the net and found there is no shortage of information...its just all a bit confusing and some of it clashes with other. I have some basic questions, some of which involve what has been said on this board and i don't quite understand.
1. I understand about dormancy in winter, but why are people placing their traps in the fridge?
2. Are fungacides a DEFINATE must, or only for use when fungus is noticable?
3. Do i need special lighting for my trap, or is daylight sufficient?
4. I've read that the tray should ALWAYS be full (with rainwater if possible), but the temp. gets reasonably high here and sun scortching...The water i place in the tray in the morning is all evaporated or soaked up by the afternoon. What should i be doing?
5. Is it possible to over-feed the trap, and how often should i catch something?
- I know these may sound like pretty stupid questions, but any answers or directions to good websites with help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys,