What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALGAE!~ ALGAE FUNGUS?

hey well i have a green film growing on the top of my soil and is spreading around...it is algae im sure of it i need something to get rid of this!!!! also other plants in mym house have developed this? can youtell me how to get rid of this or a product htat does thank you!!!

It might be mold ( or algae )

Cleary or Banrot ( sold right here at PFT ) will help you out.

These are commercial grade fungicides that are braod spectrum. They work great and will not harm the plants

I live in the UK, but haven't been able to track down a shop that supplies CLEARY or BANROT, can anyone suggest a similar sort of thing that can be found in the UK (I.e. at Homebase, B&Q or Focus?)

Cheers!

smile.gif

You could try a spray of chamille tea (brew it in distilled water). I would also take care to just spray the soil, not the plant on the cp's, but other houseplants won't be harmed if they are sprayed.

Good luck

I have also heard that tea works well to kill off algae (I think it was from Tamlin.)

If it isn't smothering your plant I would suggest that you consider leaving it as I have been finding that a lot of the 'algae' I have been getting has actually turned out to be the haploid phase of a moss

Pyro

Back