Thread: Time to put vft in frig ?

Red face

Last nov I got 3 red vfts they did great up intill june then every thing started going down hill traps started to get smaller and the plants look limp . Theres still growing new leaves but thats all they seem to be doing . The few traps dont shut any more and I never play with them to make them shut. *One of the VFTS have made a flower I would have cut it off but by the time I seen it the flower was already 7 inches tall. *

What im wondering is because I got them nov of 2002 and did not place them in the frig last year should I put them in right now before most people do or should I just wait [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]?? The plants dont look like there dieing just look weak.

When I first got them they were very strong and made really large traps . They grew super fast with the CO2 I am pumping into the tank . How can a plant go from super fast growth and really big traps to limp growth and small traps that dont shut [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]??

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Merced, California
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    You hit the nail on the head..the plant wants dormancy. If you are going to give it a fridge dormancy, go ahead and do it now. If you are going to give it a natural dormancy, just cut back on the water you give it and the plant will take care of the rest on its own.

Good luck
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.