What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEAF CUTTINGS

hi all,
I have a 5-month-old dente VFT. What age/when can/do I take a leaf cuttings? How old does a plant have to be to flower?               Thanks in advance,
                            Lithopsman
P.S. sorry about the title, I didn't realize the caps until i clicked add post
sad.gif
please don't think I'n obnoxious.

Everywhere says different stuff, but um, I trust you guys the most.

that old huh
letting it flower will kill it until its a llllliiiiiittttlllee bit older
confused.gif

you can take leafs cuttings whenever but it will also hurt the plant since even if it doesnt eat it could have done its thang as a leaf

i just remembered, the rhizome isn't 5 mon.s old, just the plant. I got it from pft in March, and trimmed it back, and it has all new growth. It was a bulb, so whoever old those are plus 5 months.
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey Lithopsman
smile.gif

As far as I know you can take a leaf cutting now.

Also I believe the plants have to be about 3 maybe 4 years old to flower. I could be wrong though
confused.gif

Well no offense to you, but I hope you're wrong, because I want a cutting so i can have seeds
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hey when you trimmed it back in March, you should have planted the leaves you trimmed off, if I am understanding you correctly.

John

Back