Thread: Lighting questions

My fly traps keep getting damaged from outside growing conditions so I got a 30 gallon aquarium. What kind of lighting would be best for indoor growing. The light needs to be 23 inches long how hard would it be to find a light to fit the tank?

I got the tank at an auction so it was cheap but had lime all over the glass. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img] What do you think would be the best to get some left over mildew off of the glass?

Would chemicals from bathtub cleaner hurt the flytraps if I rinsed the tank after I used the cleaner?

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Merced, California
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fanatic,
    Lighting is a complicated subject, its discussed quite a bit in the Greenhouse, Terrarium, Bog garden section, Ive read it all, and frankly I'm just as confused as I was before so I will leave that part for someone else to answer...
    As for using chemicals to clean the tank, I used Lime Away to remove calcium buildup on a tank without any harmfull effects that I've seen. You should be fine as long as you make absolute sure you get it all out.. give it a couple extra rinsings if you are worried.. then dry it out and it should be fine.
    Good luck with your plants
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.