User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help

antz4u
    Hi, I am really new at this so i have a question. I bought this venus flytrap at lowes. It came in a plastic hard container, I was jsut wondering it doesnt seem to be cramped but should I leave the container on it at all times , it wouldnt be in full sun, and also should i burn a pin hole size at the top for a litttle air cirulation??

thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lose the container. Flytraps do not need very high humidity. Do grow very well with humidity in the 40's-60's etc. The container can overheat very quickly even in part sun.

antz4u
    see thats the problem the humidty in nothern texas is like 0% thats why i keep it on

antz4u
    see thats the problem the humidty in nothern texas is like 0% thats why i keep it on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0% humidity? I have just looked up some of the weather conditions in N.Texas and it most cities average 30% humidity.
    I would pot the flytraps in the center of a large pot. This will keep humidity up. Keep the soil wet. If the temperatures seem excessively high and the humidity is extremely low, provide some shade(50%) during the hottest hours of the afternoon.

antz4u
    Thanks a bunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outside humidity and inside humidity might not be the same. Sometimes on the inside, it's much lower. The large pot idea should work.