Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is the red dragon vft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] I have a Red Dragon VFT on the way from California Carnivores and I was wondering if they are more difficult to care for than a normal VFT? Are they mostly red in coloration? I would also like some information on how much direct sunshine this plant requires as in the past I have been known to kill plants with too much sunshine - I am sort of paranoid now about it.But I have read that the VFT loves direct sun and needs about 4 hours a day of sunlight.Is this true? also how moist should the plant be kept? should it sit in a tray of water or will this incur rootrot? I really appreciate any tips and info everybody!!!!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The Evil Spider Hunter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Red Dragon VFT on the way from California Carnivores and I was wondering if they are more difficult to care for than a normal VFT? Are they mostly red in coloration? I would also like some information on how much direct sunshine this plant requires as in the past I have been known to kill plants with too much sunshine - I am sort of paranoid now about it.But I have read that the VFT loves direct sun and needs about 4 hours a day of sunlight.Is this true? also how moist should the plant be kept? should it sit in a tray of water or will this incur rootrot? I really appreciate any tips and info everybody!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
    1) Yup, they are harder to care for than regular VFTs
    2) they can be pure blood red in coloration, when given the properlighting (4 hours direct morning sun each day)
    3) I use the tray meathod for watering my flytraps. Just keep one inch of distilled water in the tray, and when the tray dries out, I prefer to let it dry out for 2 days, then I add water again. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]