User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby vft yellow & black leafs plz help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, thanks for your reply once again. I really enjoy this forum and the support.

About reducing the light: *Only moved the plant a bit away from the window instead of having full blown sun to it. *Basically it was getting less hot, unfortunately today it didn't get much sun as the sky was covered [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

I can put it under the plant neons if it can help for the next days... I'll do that.

Today I've rinced the plant with loads of distilled water (I didn't remove it from the pot)... but what I don't get is why in the FAQ they say the plant can be underwater for monts, and now I read I got rotting because of too much water? *I mean that's really confusing. *The person at the store where I bought it from told me to always leave water in the plastic thing to make sure that the plant was always wet (basically overfil it a bit to see water in the plastic holder). *I still have a question about that, in normal condition, does the plant needs to be in a bit of water, or do I only have ot make sure that the water level in the soil is saturated most of the time? (basically do I need to saturate it or oversaturate it in normal conditions?)

So what I did tonight after reading your message is taking the plant out from the plastic holder and put it in front of the window for tomorrow. * *I thought the cooking theory was valid because I am on a 4th floor and it got *very* hot in the sun for a long period last weekend. *I don't think the plant will die in the sense that it's still growing some traps, today I cutted everything that was black/too yellow to give a chance to the rest of the plants (have nothing to lose at this point). *I hope I won't lose it, I'd be really happy if this helps , I'll keep you people informed. *If you have anything to add (aside from calling me a plant killer [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] ) or other suggestions, don't be shy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    Cooking and crown rot are really similar, except cooking usually kills the plant right away, or buns the leaves off, or in lite cases, helps incuredge crown rot to start up. So yah, it probubly was partially cooked, but not the burned type of cooked like what you were first treating it for.

If their is still green, their is still hope.

As to your soil satuation question, VFTs just need the soil staturated, not overly so, but in warm/sunny conditions, sometimes the soil dries so quickly you have to over saturate to prevent burn. In general, lots of water goes with lots of sun and no cover. Little water and not so much sun goes with a cover [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] It's tricky, but eventually you'll get a feel for your proticular plants needs. I have one that actaully does best in the terrarium with direct sun (why it likes 100 degrease I know not, it just does, but it's a freak anyways, lol)
    Last edited by adnedarn; 10-11-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcie,

Once again I have to disagree with your assessments regarding water saturation which does NOT lead to crown rot in healthy plants. I think that what is likely here is the plant was compromised by sunburn. In this case the crown rot was probably encouraged by the wet conditions.

I also have to advise against allowing the medium to become dry. Dry is not good...just moist, perhaps, in some cases where the central growth is compromised by some other factor. Allowing the plants to become bone dry will certainly kill a healthy plant, and a sick plant even more so.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, I have the same proble. I would l;ike you to take a look of the picture and see if those suggestions could be good for my plant too. Thank you!!!

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robbyvenetian View Post
    Hello guys, I have the same proble. I would l;ike you to take a look of the picture and see if those suggestions could be good for my plant too. Thank you!!!
    venus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you are watering that plant with pure water (not tap water), giving it light, and keeping it moist...it should recover nicely.

If you are doing these things, the plant can die back in full sun but it will come back from the base. Just keep doing what you know is right and the plant will pull through. If it's not looking good don't worry. In several weeks it will start looking nice.

BTW: your plant doesn't look that bad. If you're doing everything right, don't worry about it!

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

And DON'T feed it! It will feed itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much SDCps! I will continue on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like its adjusting... just leave it out in full sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread made me feel way better about my VFT! It's got some yellowing/black, but most of it is a nice healthy green, and I've even got some traps with nice red insides!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12