Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flowering VFTs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can't see anything happening yet, but it's only been 6 days so far. It's under a propagator in my greenhouse and the trap is just starting to turn a bit wrinkly as it dies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let my know how you get on with the cutting plz alvin, i'm thinking of doing the same with my Royal Red but it is relativly small and i do not want to waste a leaf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'll keep you up to date. I hope it works [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with flowering, i enjoy growing the seeds, even though it takes 5 years for a mature blooming plant, i always always let my vft flower, along with all the rest of my cp's, all it does is drain the energy away from the plant making its traps, making the plant look smaller, but still with the rigth care, you can till keep your plant from looking to dainty, and also a quicker way but less fun way to make faster maturing vft's is to take cuttings. if you want to know how to take cutting just ask me and i will tell you, but i bet you do since you are reffering your question to your bro-inlaw [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

hope i helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plant is growing strongly there is no reason not to allow it to flower. Some energy will be spent, sure, but the plant will recover these reserves that are spent within the growing season with good culture. There will always be a chance of losing the plant though, but really, this is not an absolute. The only time I remove scapes is if the plant appears weak, or very small. Even though it takes years to get mature plants, the process of growing from seed yields stronger, better adjusted plants. Also it is like watching the whole movie instead of the last half of it. You get more of a feeling for the story line, and it teaches you what the plants really like or dislike. If the unfortunate and occasional loss ocurrs, the plant is not too hard to replace, and every failure only teaches something to the grower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12