Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vft varieties......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been checking around different Lowes' and so far I've only found two types, Bigmouth and Typical. Has anyone else found VFT varieties other than typical at walmart, lowe's, ect.

Thanks,
    Mike [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I would like to add that today, I found the Fused Tooth mutation at lowe's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Cool. I have yet to see any plants labled as other varients, but I have seen blood red traps, and dente for sure. I also have two plants that seem very very slack's giant and southwestern giant like, but those are barely varients in the first place so it's hard to say for sure.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow , you got those types from lowes , what company did they come from . the only type I find at nurseries is typical and red variety . was it actually labels fused tooth and big mouth or do u know it just is .so far i only get varieties and mutants from trades . i have typical , dente , red variety , giant , green dragon , red dragon , fine tooth x red , and all green .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Um, red variety just means it is one of the many red varieties out their, Maybe if you post a picture we can ID the exact one for you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't assign names to an unidentified plant you might find at some nursery. Many VFT varieties look similar but unless they are produced vegatively from labelled parental stock you can not be certain just what they are.
    T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 31 2003,02:14)
    Please don't assign names to an unidentified plant you might find at some nursery. Many VFT varieties look similar but unless they are produced vegatively from labelled parental stock you can not be certain just what they are.
    T[/QUOTE]
    Hence the reson we note they are unlabled in the posts. And all of the registered varients are easy to tell appart. As for unregisterd ones, anyone could call any plant by any of those names, so the fact that they are labled is moot.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok couple things..

Monkeyman never said they were labelled and I highly doubt they were.. So using names like bigmouth, fused tooth is not acceptable. You could say they are similar to such and such variety but not use apply the names directly. Darcie is correct in saying southwest giant and slacks giant like.

Also it is not true that all registered varieties are easy to tell apart. And for unregistered ones it is not ok in my book to call any plant by any of those names. They are labelled for a reason. Registered or not has nothing to do it. They are labelled to keep the origin of a specific plant intact.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

9. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast