Thread: A matter of lethargy

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gang,

* *imagine my excitement when I saw a fly buzzing around my house yesterday. *Now before you go thinking simple pleasures for simple minds, you should know that I just recieved my VFT's 2 weeks ago and have never seen one eat before. *I caught the fly, and using tweezers I gently held it in one of the traps. *The trap did close, but it did so very slowly. *I estimate that it took about 10 seconds until it closed enough to pull the tweezers away. *Naturally that didn't reduce my enthusiasm, but I've always been under the impression that they're a little faster than that. *I mean I'm not expecting then to snap shut with a bang or anything, but I can't imagine them being able to catch anything on their own by being that slow. *

Is this normal or is it an indication of a possible problem?

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Probly an old or damaged trap. My plants are able to catch flies no prob. Once it puts a couple totally new traps these should close faster. It may take a couple of new traps before they get up to speed. I think they were a little shocked from the shipping and the plant will be fine. So in time you'll have speedy fly-catching traps.

United Kingdom
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Temperature can have an effect on the speed that they shut. They should be fairly warm to close quickly.