What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Do You Feed Your VFT?

How Much Do You Feed Your VFT? -

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 A Day

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1-3 A Month

• 1-3 A Year

• 4-6 A Day

• 4-6 A Month

• 4-6 A Year

• 7-10 A Month

• 7-10 A Year

• Other (Please Reply Me With Your Amount)

• Total voters
I was just wandering how much to feed my VFT when I get it, so your particapation help a lot! Note: If you choose "Other" please reply this telling how much you feed yours. Thanks Everyone!!!

its better to feed them to little than to much thay can live almost in defnetly with out eating amazing i think
biggrin.gif

I don't feed mine that often because they catch so many bugs on their own. I keep them outside in a tray of water on my porch rail.

Hey you guys,
Where do you guys live that you can put the plant outside in this temp!?

I live in Southern Ohio. Lately the temp has been between 85 and 95 degrees during the day and 70 to 85 at night. I have 1 plant outside and rest inside under a light. The one outside is doing GREAT. I water it once a day in the morning. Far as feeding goes I have heard about once a month is healthy. Im sure more then that don't hurt, but for inside traps that is how often I feed them. Outside Traps I let fend for themselves bug wise.

I live right about dead center in Colorado.  I have all my VFTs and my S. leucophylla outside in water trays.   Daytime temps have been in the low to mid 80s and then drop to the upper 40's to mid 50's at night.   If the humidity here was (a lot) higher I could grow neps without a terrarium *big grin*.

Wow!!!
wow.gif
That's amazing! I live in California, by 2
wow.gif
0p.m. it's at least 110F outside! It must be nice to live in such a cool place.

I never feedem... they feed themselves.

Mines too... they feed themselves!!

But I have to keep mine inside, so they can't themselves. How many then?

feed one trap at a time... I think that is plenty.

I usaully have one trap feeding all the time.

travis

Back