What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filtered water?

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I was wondering, I don't have any distilled water and it's not going to rain for a while, so can I just use filtered water from my water filter on my sink to water my VFT?

If it is a good filter I would say yes. Especially if you don't plan on using it all the time then once in a while is perfectly fine. Filtered water is fine in my experience all the time unless your tap water is exceptionally "dirty". By dirty I mean full of chlorines and salts and whatnot.

I agree with Flint.

But if you can get distilled water...that would be the best. You can get it at most Pharmacy's and Grocery Stores for around 1&#36

If you use filtered water, I would let it sit an extra day, just to try to let some more things evaporate.

But I wouldn't use it a lot.

If your water filter is a brita, or something like it, then more likely than not it replaces dissolved bicarbonates with dissolved salts...

A lot of people don't realize this...

While you can get away with it every now and again, I don't reccomend it, especially if you live in an area with really hard water. Those filters usually go bad pretty quick.

Back