What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organic fungicide

I read somewhere on the net that cinnamon was a good organic fungicide,and to just spread a little over my plant by flicking it with a brush....well seeming i am putting my plant in the fridge in it's pot for dormancy this year i was contemplating a more natural fungicide rather than toxic chemicals which could have ill effects on me and my flytrap. Any tips advic would be much appreaciated.
ps today my flytrap got a hammering of rain which totally messed it up and got the fresh peat i put around it.

Mondo, I have never ever heard this about cinnamon! Learn something new every day!

While toxic, I think nothing beats cleary's, it is simply to good at what it does, and it shouldn't hurt your flytrap one bit... it's designed to be used on food crops, so it should be relatively safe, I believe it has a short lifespan before breaking down.

Umm... my only suggestion is to microwave a pat of butter, and smear it all over the plants before dousing in cinnamon... then toast the plant lightly... mmm...
smile.gif
Cinnamon Toast Flytrap! If your lucky, you'll get a closed trap with a suprise in it!

Whats with you guys and the fetish for making cp recipies? LOL i can just imagine it....i just hope i used fetish in that sentence correctly...

Cinnamon is safe enough for the fridge. I've changed to that because my dad decided that the mini fridge I bought for CP dormancy will be used to store can drinks. I won't want fungicide poisoning...

Back