What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 different types of vtfs

is it safe to put all 3 types of vtfs in one big terrarium????and if i want to add other cps is it also safe?
confused.gif
??
i know that it really depends on the type of soil and stuff but is that much of a big deal???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from jiana54 on 2:15 pm on April 29, 2002
is it safe to put all 3 types of vtfs in one big terrarium????and if i want to add other cps is it also safe?
confused.gif
??
i know that it really depends on the type of soil and stuff but is that much of a big deal???

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Jiana,

First, welcome to the forums
smile.gif

Yes you can plant different variants of VFT together I am currently growing typical, green dragon and red dragon all in on window box. And you can also add other CPs as long as they are compatable (ie no Neps as they have totally conflicting temps, soil, etc.) If you want to go for a mix some of the Drosera work well as do a couple Pings, you might be able to get away with S. purpurea and most terrestrial Utrics will grow just about anywhere.

If you have any more questions just feel free to ask

Pyro

The different types of VFT are all exactly the same species - Dionaea muscipula and therefore require the same conditions. The only difference is that the red VFTs tend to need more sun in order to stay red.

Back