What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PLANT FOOD

I WAS AT THE GARDEN SHOP YESTERDAY, AND I FOUND SOME " ACID PLANT FOOD" IN A BOX. CAN I USE THAT FOR FEEDING THE VTFS OR ANY OTHER CPS?
confused.gif

ALSO... WHEN YOU GUYS RECEIVED YOUR VTFS FOR THE FIRST, TIME HOW TALL WAS IT??? I KNOW THTA IT WAS POTTED IN A 3" POT...I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW TALL IT IT GOING TO BE...

THANKS
JIAN

It depends on what type of VFT it is.

My common VFT is a real ground hugger and doesn't have many erect leaves/traps.

Other types, Akai Ryu, Spider? tend to be more erect ('taller'), then it depends on the size of the plants, some larger plants can be upto 6" tall (or more - anyone?).

If you let the flower stalk grow, then that will probably end up to be the tallest part of the plant and may be 6" or so tall.

I haven't used any acid plant food myself, so I can't really say on the other issue :confused:

Hi jiana54
smile.gif

It is not good for your vft to give it any fertilizers except MAYBE superthrive which realy isnt a fertilzer at all. Fertilizers will burn the roots of your vft and kill it
sad.gif

If you are realy looking to "fertilize" your plants go to the petstore and pick up some crickets or if crickets are too large some pet stores carry flightless fruitflies. It is so much more fun to watch a vft eat than watering the roots of a plant with fertilizer
smile.gif

And as far as hight goes that varies on the plant, lighting, and the age of it.

Back