Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Day, maybe good bye to my first VFT

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My legendary four leaf clover is doing great! It was looking a little piqued so I repotted it and put it outdoors in the sun. Its now got lots of new growth including a SIX leaf clover!! Maybe yours needs to be repotted?

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the pics are out of focus and very difficult to see. Try not to take the picture so close.

Picture 9,8, & 16 of your 25+ trap VFT shows that there are possibly more than one VFT in your pot by the fact that there seems to be at least 2-3 centers where the traps are attached.

Maybe I'm wrong...but that seems to be the case, being the pictures are so burred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Yeah, I bet come dormancy and splitting up time you'll have a couple of plants. I counted 26, but could be wrong because they are blurry. It looks pretty healthy to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm maybe it could be different growth points. Reason I dont think it is, is because it was from a real tiny plant straight from a 18 month old tissue culture. I didn't think it would divide that fast in 3 months. How can you tell if its acutally different growth points? They all center down to one area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sativa, from your description, you are indeed dealing with one growth point...

Some times in tissue culture (as I understand it) plants may start dividing, then are taken out of culture, and they continue the division at a much slower rate, which would account for the rapid production of multiple growing points IF it was what you were dealing with... if all the leaves attach at the same point, you got yourself one whopper of a growth point!

Also, you might try watering it with superthrive once, this helps the roots recover. ANd perhaps putting some no-slip matting under the pot so it won't slide around easily?

To a couple of you, you know who you are... what's the deal poking fun? It's not a funny situation. I have messaged you in private about this.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't sweat it! We've all made our mistakes... That is still a darn nice plant!!!! Good luck! and keep at 'em! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice my cam zoomed the background fine without the blurr. I took it so close so it can better show the leaves. I'll try and take one from far tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12