Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's dying guys, help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not report it back, worst thing you can do. Water it a few inches every 2 days. Keep it in the flow of sun, not outside. Oh and I suggest pulling up one of the VFT's and replant it in some more soil, to make a whole nother plant.
    \"The plant grew. It\'s resoruces were taken away. He was forced to evolve. He struggled and pushed and grew, until finally one day it sprouted a trap. A bug landed in, he was a little to noisy and got himself locked in. The plant now had resoruces, and he grew happy as a VFT for years.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont worry!
    \"The plant grew. It\'s resoruces were taken away. He was forced to evolve. He struggled and pushed and grew, until finally one day it sprouted a trap. A bug landed in, he was a little to noisy and got himself locked in. The plant now had resoruces, and he grew happy as a VFT for years.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe, ok, Should I slide it away from the window a little so it's not as hot and humid in there? It gets pretty hot. It would still be in sunlight but not as much direct light. Thanks to all of you for your fast and great help!
    -Paul

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gecko3,
    Heat might be the problem. The clear glass vase would act like a terrarium and the plexiglass cover would trap the heat in it. Combine that with transplanting shock and you have one stressed VFT. Pulling it back to where it only gets a little direct sunlight (morning sun is best IMO) and lots of indirect sunlight for a while untill it recovers will help. Also, VFTs don't need a lot of humidity. Anything above 50% humidity will keep them happy, so you may not need a cover over your vase at all.
    Like waycool said they are pretty tough plants. As long as you have growth in the crown part, there's a good chance your plant will recover.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gecko3,

you said your moss was used as a covering before you used it here, did you ever fertilize the pot that it was used on? of so, you DO need to re-plant it, bot only if the soil has been exposed to fertilizers.

unlike Westraps totaly uncalled for leap to the conclusion that you killed it (Spank spank) I think you have a chance to recover.

From what I have read, your flytrap was simply getting to hot, you see, you had the vase covered with plexi-glass, making it a closed system, sunlight goes in, converts to heat, and slowly dissipates through the glass, so slowly though, that there is a buildup inside the vase.

Flytraps don't like root temps over 90 degrees, and giving them lots of sun in a closed system is a surefire way to send them into shock.

if the flytrap was not under plexi-glass before, take it off, or at least crack it widely, if it was, then just crack it. you say it is what, 4 inches from the top of the vase? This should keep the local humidity high any how...

good luck...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, replanting it again id think would be worse for it, because of the horrible shock.
    Also, Ive been testing (I know youll think im dum) but for the past 2 days ive been watering my dentae a half inch of tap water, and its making him look really green like a deep rich green, a healthy green! Weird?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the minerals in the tap water. Most tap water has a lot of minerals in it. More than what most CPs are used to. Eventually it will damage the roots and kill the VFT. It's like spilling fertilizer on the grass when you fill the spreader. It burns the grass killing it. Too much of a good thing.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast