Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

useable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, now I really feel like I should have ran for a mod. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] We should pin a topic about water.

Spring water still has minerals in it that the plants wouldn't really like in the long run. It also tends to contain sodium.

The best water to use is normally rain water, distilled water, r/o water. Some people can use there tap water with out any problems. Most of us either can't, or don't want to really risk that, or will only do it in an emergency if no other waters available at the moment, but never for long periods of time, and usually flushing the pot afterwards.

And for the price of a bottle of spring water, you can buy a bottle of distilled water.

Hope that helps some.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Vertigo @ Sep. 12 2003,9:34)
    Wow, now I really feel like I should have ran for a mod. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] We should pin a topic about water.[/QUOTE]
    sorry for asking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (al885 @ Sep. 12 2003,3:45)
    sorry for asking[/QUOTE]
    Don't ever be sorry for asking. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] It was just a thought that I had. In the terrarium forum there is a pinned topic on lighting to help everyone out. I was just thinking that it would be really helpful for everyone if there was an easy to find topic at the top for water.

I wasn't trying to say anything at all against the question, there's just been a few different posts about water that all could have fit under one topic. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm new with VFTs and was wondering if purified water was ok? I mean the ones you buy....I'm using aquafina because my mom buys it like crazy....Just wondering if it's ok since it contains nothing.
    I share your sorrow and your grief…Numberless times I convey my anguish.....

This is my story.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Cerius @ Sep. 13 2003,09:45)
    Hi, I'm new with VFTs and was wondering if purified water was ok? I mean the ones you buy....I'm using aquafina because my mom buys it like crazy....Just wondering if it's ok since it contains nothing.[/QUOTE]
    No. Go to the grocery store and buy "Distilled water" should get it for anywhere from $ .70- 1.00 a gallon. Make sure it says Distilled. Distilled water is what you get when you boil water and condense the steam back into water. VFTs need pure water, free of any disolved minerals. Purified water, drinking water, spring water, carbon filtered water ect ect does not remove those toxic minerals. Use Distilled, Reverse Osmosis, or Rain only.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.