Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New VFTs are here!  Sunlight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the Boston area (42 deg North) My VFT's get about 6 hours of sun a day and they're growing like crazy in a terrarium. I'll probably take them out of the terrarium in another month or so as the sun gets higher, but as for now they couldn't be happier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave 'em about an hour of flourescent grow-light (at about 1 inch) to make up for the ridiculously weak sun today. It was little better than moonlight all afternoon!

The traps are developing on one of them, opening on the others. I may get a plant or two out of this batch--perhaps even all four will make it! Woohoo!

--SO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm abit further North than you (Erie, PA); my VFT's were in direct West facing sun all last summer and did just fine. Right now the sun isn't hot enough or strong enough (if it comes out) to do diddly squat. Your new plants should develop along just fine until it gets warmer, expose them slowly to the direct sun when the weather warms up (if that ever happens). I have one inside under florescent lights, ( a west window would be goo too) it is growing but not to its full potential. Hopefully in the next few weeks it can start getting some fresh air and real sun.

Still waiting for my outdoor ones to wake up; alhtough it is possible they didn't make it, no signs of life yet. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Good luck Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12