Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to grow cuttings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help, I had a few left over stems from black VFT traps, and i pulled them out, and they have the white stuff on the bottom, now what do i do to grow another whole plant? Someone told me cover it with soil
    \"The plant grew. It\'s resoruces were taken away. He was forced to evolve. He struggled and pushed and grew, until finally one day it sprouted a trap. A bug landed in, he was a little to noisy and got himself locked in. The plant now had resoruces, and he grew happy as a VFT for years.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay heres how i did it.

the white part is in the spaghum moss. Also, I lightly misted it with distilled water so the moss is almost soaked.
    \"The plant grew. It\'s resoruces were taken away. He was forced to evolve. He struggled and pushed and grew, until finally one day it sprouted a trap. A bug landed in, he was a little to noisy and got himself locked in. The plant now had resoruces, and he grew happy as a VFT for years.\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TrapsRus, Sounds like your off to a good start. If you haven't done so already, you can place it in a ziplock bag to help keep the humidity up. If it's to big for a ziplock then a plastic bag will work. Now all you have to do is wait a couple weeks for the plantlets to show (no gaurantees). Wait until the plantlets have several roots and leaves before planting them in their own pots.
    Also, if you have an antifungal spray/powder, use it. The damp, humid conditions are also good for growing fungus.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it in my computer room, since i have several computers, on all day it gets very hot in here. No need for bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a pic.

it is sitting on top of a tissue box thats taped to a small window in my computer room, for plenty of sun and humidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the picture it looks like your leaf cutting is resting on a paper towel with a little peat moss over the rhizome end. If that is the case you should definitely place it in a bag to hold the humidity. The warmer the room is the faster the water will evaporate from the soil and the leaf. Since the leaf has no roots to draw in water, it will lose water faster than it can absorb it, especially if that is all the soil (in the picture) that the leaf has to get water from. The bag will keep the humidity trapped with the leaf and slow down the amount the leaf loses to evaporation. I would, aslo, move it out of direct sunlight until the plantlets develope roots.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast