What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

orchid 30-10-10

two weeks ago, i used orchid 30-10-10 for my plants.
i have not seen any changes so far...
have you guys used it?
confused.gif

i realized that it's an acid plant food but isn't it also supposed to help with the plant's growth?
confused.gif
?

jiana54,
Uhmmm... exactly what plants did you fertilize. Some CPs can handle a diluted fertilizer and some can't, in particular VFTs. They don't like fertilizer. They are very sensitive to minerals and such in their water.

I hope you didn't use full strength, or fertilize the soil. (not sure what you fertilized but this is the VFT forum) VFT are very sensitive to fertilizer and it will burn the roots. If it is done the solution should be very dilluted and done by foliar feeding only. It is still risky since the fertilizer could drip down to the soil, I wouldn't use fertilizer at all for these plants.

Guessing you used MirAcid, or Schultz Expert: Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron?

i used it all on my vfts.
i read peter d'amato's book, the savage garden and it indicated there that an orchid 30-10-10 is helpful.

You didn't answer the question. Did you use foliar feeding, or feed the roots?... Did you dillute the solution or full strength?.. etc..

Savage Garden certainly doesn't say to feed through the soil or use full strength. If you did I am surprised you plants are still alive.

Checked my copy and under the VFT section all I could find was "Fertilizers: Do best without it, but sometimes benefit from a light misting of an acid fertilizer."
The bold emphasis are mine, not Mr. D'Amato's.

go to page 22 on the book

it does not say there that he's tried it on dionaea but it said that it can be used on plants that enjoy acidic conditions.

i did foliar feeding. the solution was not full strength

Back