Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldtrap's vft care sheet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, as far as the white color on the pot...I would imagine that goldtrap's stating to use a white pot to try and reflect some light back onto a nearby plant...kind of like if you wrapped all the pots in aluminum foil.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is helpful...but everyone has their own special way of taking care of plants. I think I have a great system until dormancy and spring come around then they die. This year I will see how things work out *crossing fingers*. Believe once I get past dormancy and not having the vft's dieing I will enjoy them more. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you don't plan on publishing what you posted... lots'o'errors.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red could also mean much more that raw meat!

But let's let the young man do another draft, at least he has ambition.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok before I start in on a few things, let me tell you that this is a pretty darn good summary of a VFT, so please don't feel as if I am picking it apart cause I think its bull cause like I said its put together quite well.

You may wanna change that to most VFTs if taken care of properly up to maturity will grow to a foot in diameter.
    It may also be a bit much to fertilize the plants once a month I think Id go at the most every other month if not less.

OK and not to knit pick... well maybe [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] I'm not sure about this sentence.....
    this is one of the most fastest moving plants in the world just like the mimosa pudica (the sensitive plant) The trap will take at least 10 days to digest, it is common for a trap to die after digesting insects because a trap can only close 3-4 times.
    [/QUOTE]
    It is in definite need of a period unless you are implying that a mimosa is carnivorous, which I'm more than positive you know isn't. Actually I don't see any reason to mention a mimosa at all.

I also think since you went in such detail that you may want to explain the water tray method a bit more and perhaps that you shouldn't water from above.

Maybe also mention that feeding hard bodied bugs is a bad thing and may cause the trap to turn black.

It might also be a good thing to add to the transplanting that you should try hard as possible not to disturb the roots to avoid shock.

And at the end where you mention that you can find them at most stores half dead you might want to suggest flushing the pot with RO, distilled, or rain water since practically no store takes the time to use the proper water for these plants.

Hmm.. ok aside from those things I don't see anything else I would add, although you may wanna put it through spell check [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

I hope I didn't knit pick too much, Well done Gold trap [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats for your suggestions and comments , remeber I only put it here so ppl would get info and so I could get oppinions to write my book abotu carnivorous plants buy i will not publish it until I get everything right and until i become a true expert . i will defintily update it when i have time . ye si know that mimosa pudica is nto a carnivorous plant , diana was anemd after vft , dionaea , diana .a white pot is better becauseif you keep it in the sun , dark colors will heat the poit but white pots willkeeo the roots cool and will not overheat the pot .Smaller pots produce bigger plants because it will sue its ebergy to make bigger planst rather then off shoots . sry about the 1 foot part , i was very sleepy at night making this care sheet . i will definityly edit soon .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Goldtrap thanks for your caresheet, and your replying back. I hope your book does well. I also have amassed alot of notes from
    Slack,Cheers,Lecoufle,D'amato, and Pietrapolo. Maybe one day I can write a book.('[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Or a website. Or a book and a website.

-Darcie

P.S. I've never heard of the mold from dead flies hurting the flytrap.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

9. Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast