What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does sunburn look like?

• Thread starter myke66
  • Start date
Hiya, my plants havnt been getting much light since i got them, and i recently invested in quite a nice lighting setup, now they have been getting around 12+ hours a day of flourescent light. Since then, they have been getting redder in the middle on the stems. I have heard of sunburn, but wasnt sure. Is sunburn red like on us? Or like brown or black to plants? Help!!

EDIT: I just want to make it clear that its the stems turning red, NOT THE leafs. There are a few little red dots on the traps, but they may have been there.

I think when someone refers to sunburn on a plant, they mean it turns black from too much light. If it is turning red, it is probably a good sign
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Awesome! Thats what i was hoping to hear!!

Yeah...sunburn starts out looking yellow with the affected leaves quickly turning black and dying........you plants are just more happy now

Back