User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PANICK ATTACK! PANNICK ATTACK!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my VFT on my screened porch. It gets about 6 hours of morning sun and I don't have to tell you... it' really hot here (Melbourne, FL).

[img]http://home.**********.com/dyflam/VFT_common2_web.jpg[/img]

He hasn't been through a winter yet but is certainly happy now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live outside Atlanta and the only winter care my VFT's get is after a hard freeze and thaw I replant the ones that were pushed out of the peat and the only mulch they get is from the tree leaves. Mine are growing great.

Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey dyflam, i have mine in my screen porch too, they get about 8 hrs a day too [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] it faces the east and thats the way sun rises [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

its kewl

i am thinking of trying to grow a bical outside on the ficus tree branch, but today when my dad was trimmign them i hit the big tree with the rake and a lot of wasps came out, baby ones, and i really hate them thank god i havnt been stung yet for the 7 years weve been here :o

i am worried about the wasps makin a home somewhere on the bical, and i will of course take it in when it gets really rainy during hurricance season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike, FlyGurl,

I was thinking more the need to bring it in to get the plant cool enough for the winter. I don't have a lot of experience with Titusville winters haveing ony been there a few weekends in Feb, March and May but the lowest temp I saw was 70 in Feb and that seemed a bit too warm for VFTs. If it really does get down to 25 there than I'd say leave 'em out year round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has to worry about their VFT's getting to chilly in what? Zone 9? The only thing I would be worried about is if they didn't get cold enough. I live in zone 7 (virginia) and I have and bunch of VFT's that are living outside 24/7/365.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'm in Florida also, so what would be ideal if you can't put them outside? I am a native so I don't use as much AC as a lot of people here, but I do have to use it. I think mine are getting too hot in my sunny east window terrarium. Who knows - I have had these for about two years, and they ALL went dormant for about a year because one had a flower stalk, but this spring shot out like crazy. I got a bigger "clear plastic storage box" to put them in. Now I am getting scared since they are kind of pale and some leaves (on different plants in same pot) are turning brown (just the trap part, not the petiole). I think I changed too many factors at once.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123