What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft seedlings (pic)

Ive got 11 of these growing in a 3 inch pot of sphagnum moss peat sat in RO water under a bright lamp. They are covered with half a lemonade bottle, heres a quick piccie

seedlings.jpg

Whats the next step?

Heres also a new plant I picked up, nice isnt it
smile.gif

vftnew.jpg

Where did you get that Plant?! It;s incredible
wow.gif

Your seedlings look very nice. I have some questions for you:

1. How old are your seedlings?

2. How much light are you giving them?

3. Are these seedlings from a plant you pollinated or from another source?

For a comparison, here are some of mine:

VFTSeedlings6-25-2003.jpg

These are from a selfed Red Dragon and receive 16 hours of artificial light.

where do you get vft seeds i have always wanted to find out about germination

Well, pretty much, the only next step is to let them grow, and enjoy them!
smile.gif
If you want to transplant them, it's safe to do it now.

Good luck!
FTG

o ya i forgot
goodluck with your seeds
i hope they all survive to be mature flowering plants

Beautiful!! And to think that these large adult bug-eating machines start so tiny. I mean that is a three inch pot and it makes those seedlings look super tiny. I wanna start some seeds.

Wes

its the newest trend cp seeds
tounge.gif
wow.gif
sad.gif

Hi Newbie -

Good luck with the seedlings.

I have found that my seedlings grow much much better if I feed them small ants, fruitflies, or gnats as soon as the traps are big enough. If you try that on a few and leave the others alone you will see what I mean.

WildBill

Your new plant is really healthy.

Cheers all, the seeds came from this...

big.jpg

big2.jpg

Seedlings are a good few weeks old, probably about 6 weeks?, lighting about 12-15 hours a day.

The other plant cost £2.99 from a local DIY store, they had just got 3-4 trays in so an ideal time to pick out the best one, its in great condition  
biggrin.gif

Whoa, you make me so jealous.
sad.gif

That plant needs some dividing. Once it is in its own pots, the plant would grow much larger traps. Do give em sun, the only thing that upsets the beauty is the lack O redness.

MAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! Those are wicked!!! Niiiiiiiiiice! I especially like the second pic. And, in the second pic, I notice you have the same keyboard as me LOL
wink.gif

Niiiiiiice plants!
FTG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (newbie-flycatcher @ Aug. 04 2003,4:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">....., Ill try and divide it soon.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Looks great just the way it is. Would love to have mine clumped like that!
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

Personally, I'd unclomp it this winter. The way I see it, all that overlapping restricts the amount of light to the plant and slows growth. Also, it seems kinda lopsided and splitting it would help even it out. But thats just my 2 cents, I'm no expert.

Back