What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding vft

• Thread starter Hybrid VTA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly vft
H

Hybrid VTA

Hello everyone,

My Venus Fly Trap won't eat. I don't know whether I should feed it or not, and if so how? Please help me.
confused.gif

Oh this is an easy one. Simple. Don't. Venus Flytrap's don't need to eat to grow. They get nutriends from it, but over feeding it would be far worse or could do more damage than not feeding it.

Btw, you should post this in the Venus Flytrap forum.
wink.gif

Moving to VFT forum
smile.gif

I usually just let my cp's catch their own food, it seems that even if I have them indoors they will catch a fly or some other small insect once in a while.

I hardly ever feed them by hand though. If I do I'll catch a live fly and rip the wings off, and then put it in one of my VFT's

Hi Hybrid VTA

You didn't say if this is a plant you've had for a while or if its a new one you just bought.

If its a new one you bought out of a store where the plant was not covered, it may be a case of too many curious people poking at the traps to see them closed. If so, the traps may just be worn out. They only open and close so many times. If your plant is being taken care of properly, it will produce new traps in time which should work fine.

Also if its a plant who's traps have already fed a number of times, the traps may be past their life. They will blacken and die off naturally, and produce new ones.

Its also good to provide as much information as you can about how you are caring for it. That helps a lot in determining where a problem might be coming from.

Suzanne

Back