What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest traps I've ever seen

Having 3 VFTs already I never wanted any more but today I found some VFTs with traps 2" in size and petioles about 5" long. I bought one which has long thin petioles which stand erect and another which has long wide petioles which lay pretty much flat. I fed em both tonight with a fat housefly each.

These guys are humungous any idea how old they might be?
Also they are only in 4" pots should I move them to a 6" or wait til dormancy before I repot em?

Thanks for any advice-I've always been a VFT killer no matter what I do I sure hope I don't kill the biggest (and most expensive) VFTs I've ever had!

Where did you get these traps from?  That is huge!!  I would say that the pots they are in are fine for now.  Unless they are super crowded, or roots are coming out the bottom.

I got them from a local garden center nursery (they were $12.99 each - like I said: spendy compared to the normal sized ones for $3.99) unfortunately the plants have no company name simply a white 2" x 4" sticker stuck on the pot saying VENUS FLY TRAP Dionea sp. and a quick paragraph describing the minimal care requirements. They aren't crowded at all and there are no roots coming from the bottom of the pot yet but the plant and pot look so oddly matched.

We need pics
smile.gif

Nope don't post your pics. I'm having trouble dealing with my flytrap envy now. Pics would just push me over the edge.
sad.gif

j/k
biggrin.gif
I'd really like to see some pics.

Back