What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know what to do next

• Thread starter basinglet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    leaves vft
B

basinglet

My 8 year old son purchased a vft at the Buffalo Zoo over vacation a year ago.  We have since moved from North Central Pennsylvania to South Eastern Louisiana.  I normally kept the plant indoors and watered regularly because of the climate in PA, but now we keep the plant outdoors on the patio (shaded).  The plant has grown so much that the leaves are beginning to sag.  Should I replant it? And if so how?
 I am really surprised that this plant is still alive, because I am notorious for killing all plants.
biggrin.gif

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me tips, suggestions, or help.  My son would be devistated if I did kell it, he loves telling his friends that he has one.

you may consider putting it in a north facing window inside your home,and if its in a 3 inch plastic pot there is no need to replant it.doing so may send the vft into shock.also what kind of water are you using to water it? you need to use distilled water or rain water only!!.tap water will kill the vft.if you have any other questions please ask away..

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

First off: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

How long ago was the move? It is possible that it is just going through a little acclimation shock due to heat/humidity differences.

Drooping leaves could also mean too little sun so you might want to consider slowly bringing it into a lighter position working toward full sun with time.

Another possibility is that the plant normally grows that way. There are a couple forms of VFT that get really long spindly leaves. Maybe it is only just now beginning to show those traits.

Back