What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My trip to Lowes/Home Depot

So i went to lowes today to pick up another VFT, my friend wants to get into growing, so i wanted just to get her somthing small. I go there to find 4 dead VFTs, 3 dead sundews, 1 VFT hanging on for dear life with a dried out pot. Same with a sundew. Annoyed at the care they give to them, i bought the VFT and Sundew in hopes to revive their little butts. Now, knowing that i couldnt give that one to my friend, i stopped over at home depot. I saw the greatest thing ever. About 20 EXTREMEMLY healthly VFT's. They were beautiful! 1/2 Common 1/2 dente. I wound up buying 5(!!) vfts! They are all sitting wonderfully in my tank getting some light that they clearly were deprived of. Very excited on my way home, i check my mail box, and what do i find...my NEPENTHES AND SUNDEW CAME IN! Whew, what a day! (only bad part is the dumb post man stuffed the box into my mailbox (jerk)). Oh well, hope you liked my story! Happy Growing!
biggrin.gif

thats great! Looks like the sundews you have are drosera adelae and drosera spatulata
biggrin.gif

can you tell me what nep1 is? thanks. Zongyi

Good work myke!!  Sounds like you're becoming addicted to cps like the rest of us!!!
smile.gif

-buckeye

The nep is a ventricosa.
biggrin.gif

Be careful! Rescuing CPs from the shadows of those box nurseries can be addictive. There are somewhere around 35 VFTs living at my place right now. Then there are those invasive Neps that have taken over my enclosure. They think the own the place now.
biggrin.gif

Happy Growing.
Alan

cool , what company did they come from , i miss my vft dente , it died
sad.gif
, too bad i can't find them at my local nurseries or else i would ran there if i had to

Im not sure where they came from, they didnt have a logo anywhere. All it said was that the plants were from tissue culture.

thats weird , but still you got a good deal on such healthy plants , do you think you can pick me up a dente when you go back there
wink.gif

if im ever back out where it is, sure! but i dont go out there much. few monthes ago it woulda been no prob, then i crashed my car into a tree so...ya know.
laugh.gif

hey myke , how are your plants doing so far expecially the vft and sundew hanging for life .

Such heroism! Hurray for you, Myke
smile.gif

The VFT and sundew are doing very well, the sundew just put up another leaf, and the vft has 2 new traps growing. seems like a good water and a good 14 hours a day of light does a plant good  
laugh.gif

Heh, I found this really nice venus flytrap at home depo awhile ago the whole entire trap is blood red this includes the interior, spines and the outside! The leaf had little bits of pink on it too.

Awesome IceDragon, ya never know where a small treasure might pop up!
biggrin.gif

Goldtrap2690 i miss my Dete's too but i traded them for heli with alot of m sarrcenia's as well but i guess that worth it tho! me and dean cook made this deal all post the heli pics when they come !
smile.gif

your lucky EC , a dnete and some sarrs for a heliamphora , thats a great deal , i don't miss my dente anymore because i got a new one from the pft sale , its wonderful and ti came with 4 plantlets .
smile.gif

Back