Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Huge traps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys those vfts all look amazing! Lighten up! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    VFT's to offer here===>http://www.phongvft.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In any case, I think this is a variety that produces large traps on small plants, so I think it's entirely possible that mine is just grown a little further than yours and that we'll all have big traps from these plants in the long run. If you look at these compared to the bare root plants, you can see that the petioles are much shorter relative to the trap size on the giants. So, I don't think they're the same.
    While this is may be true, I have no way of verifying I got a huge VFT. From the trap size (the determining factor IMO), it looks just like a regular sized Green Dragon to me. The length of the petioles does not seem to vary much to me (they are curved more so they don't stick past the edge of the pot as much). Comparing the coloration of mine to Capslock, it appears his is a little more green. His petioles look a little more circular, while mine appear more heart shaped. While this all can vary, its hard to say 'Yes, thats definately a huge trap producing plant...with just normal sized traps.' Reminds me of the Simpson's quote "The mythological two-headed hound. Born with only.. one head!"

What it comes down to me is that we can all agree Capslock's is one of the largest green dragons we've seen, while mine (and D muscipula's) don't appear significantly different than the average green dragon (using the 3 known green dragons bare roots for comparison).

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]There's a limited number but ********** just acquired some Green Dragons with some of the biggest traps I've ever seen on small plants. The plants are low growing but the plants are very red and the traps are BIG. They should be available early next week for sale. The traps on lots of these are close to an inch long and they look very aggressive. Get 'em while they're hot!!!
    Please note that NOWHERE in that post does it suggest in ANY WAY that these plants are ANYTHING other than Green Dragon VFTs which happen to have larger traps than normal. If you feel you have been taken advantage of I suggest you contact PFT directly.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote[/b] ]If you feel you have been taken advantage of I suggest you contact PFT directly.
    I'll do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its funny to see people complaining about the size of the traps as no one in Canada even sells green dragons.

I would be happy for any of those plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greenhouse1 did say that they would be given out largest to smallest in the order your order was recieved. With a sale like this with advertising, it is quite possible that Capslock and others ordered before you. Be glad you got one! At the moment I still have a typical as my largest plant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i ordered mine last night. large or not, i'm happy as a clam as i don't have a green dragon yet (nothing yet on the cutting, vft guy in sj...).

peace all,
    technoracer
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

You know....
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast