What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft pics

This is my first time posting pics and i really want it to work this time as i have gone over days trying to fix errors and edit things but finally i think i'm done with all that . Here are some pics of my vfts which most of you have been asking for :

50 year old :

when i got it

50%20year%20old%20vft%20young.jpg

a pic a few days ago :

50%20year%20old%20vft%20old.jpg
this plant might as well beat spec's world record vft traps but i'm too lazy to count
biggrin.gif

measurments of the plant(s) :

50%20year%20old%20vft%20measurment.jpg
this might be inaccurate

Blood Red Trap

when i got it

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%201.jpg

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%202.jpg

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%203.jpg

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%204.jpg

a few pics a few days ago

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%20now.jpg
notice that most of the traps are closed ( due to the large population of flies visiting and never coming back )

vft%20blood%20red%20trap%20traps.jpg

vft%20blood%20red%20traps%20low%20trap.jpg
this is a new trap in the autumn leaf form , notice the deep red coloration .

As you can see , the plants improved alot more in my care . I hope you enjoyed the pics and there will soon be moe but be patient because i'm not 50 yeard old like that vft
tounge.gif

Cool , so the pics are working . well here are the rest like i promissed :

red dragon :

vft%20red%20dragon.jpg
a lil in the dormant mood but its very red ( AHHHH !!!! , the plant is eating my big foot
biggrin.gif
)

green dragon :

vft%20green%20dragon.jpg
you can never show too much red  
smile.gif

giant :

vft%20giant%20,%20supposedly%20low%20giant.jpg
I'm starting to think that this plant is the low giant but its still young so who knows

red variety :

vft%20red%20variety.jpg
a cool variety , yet its young so it won't be shoing much characteristics til its older .

fine x red

vft%20fine%20tooth%20x%20red.jpg
for some reason this plant is not doing well but toerh people are having problems too so i'm not the only one .

finally
last but not least
one of my most favorite vfts
The Typical

here is a pic when i got the plant :

vft.jpg

heres a pic after a few weeks

vft%20flowering%20above.jpg
its flowering

now heres a pic a few months later in my care :

vft%201.jpg
the plant is much bushier in growth and much more colorful now considering that most people say that flowering makes the plant weaker

vft%202.jpg
a close up

vft%201%20trap.jpg
this is what happens when you annoy me  
mad.gif

more pics still coming

Niiiiiice!

Very nice pics Goldtrap.. thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Steve

Thank you so much for sharing. I wish more people would share photos of their types of Vft's.

Goldtrap, you have the magic touch with VFTs! Keep it up!

Capslock

Anything special you do with the plants? They look great! BTW which one is the 50 yr. old one?

ah, those are super pics! the 50 year old one does look the same, but still cool to see. i also like your giant. that typical vft has petioles like a ping
wow.gif
. nice plants
smile.gif
. Zongyi

thanks everybody for your compliments , to tell you the truth i don't have any secret or tips , but i grow them all outdoors in the sun , they get a few hours of sunlight but thats it . i rarely ever use fertilizers . the 50 year old one is the first 3 pics , the first being about a few months ago and the second and thrid pic being a few days ago .

Hey, I just noticed that there is a sundew growing in your 50 year old VFT pot. Also, that's some nice coloration on your blood red trap, good job!

SF

Nice vfts goldtrap!
Now how about some pictures of other cps?
wink.gif

Nice pics and plants GoldTrap.
smile.gif

other cps ehh , probably have to wait til the next season as i just got my plants to put otusome very good growths but since your so eager , then you might have to weight a while as it takes a heck of time to load .

i just got my vft common and dente bareroot today . i might be posting a pic of these plants tommorow .

Very nice! I love that insect carnage scene!
mad.gif
Also the blood red.

Very nice pictures of your vfts Goldtrap. That is a lot of vfts for a 3 inch (if that what it is). Wow!

Travis
smile.gif

yep , my vfts and most of my other small plant are in 3 inch pft pots , believe it or not , i brought 50 of those pots from pft last year , i wish phil could gave me a discount for them
mad.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
. well , as trashcan requested , here are pics of my bareroot plants from pft :

common

vft%20pft%20common.jpg
notice the red streaking down the petiole
vft%20pft%20common%20above.jpg

dente

vft%20pft%20dente.jpg
notice the four plantlets on the side
vft%20pft%20dente%20above.jpg

i really enjoyed my plants , they may not have been a green dragon with giant traps but at least they are healthy and very colorful
smile.gif

Very nice bare root you got. What kind of soil mix did you use? It looks like peat and perlite mix.

Travis

its a mixture of canadian peat , perlite and some Chilean LFS , i used the soil for my sar from the grab bag sale but it died and i did'nt want to waste it so i keept it and until now i have fiballys used it . the mix is nice and spongy .

Back