What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are everybodys plants lookin

Plant is still producing leaves.....but has lost many summer leaves to a gradual blackening. Im cutting off the blackening traps and/or leaves. By now, the pot ways a lot lighter then it did in fall, and Im only watering it just enough so it is slightly damp. The pot appears to be more barren, and Im getting a better realization on how many rosettes I've got in their! Newer leaves are growing much slower, and seem to have the tendency of hugging the ground....though none have finished to my knowledge.

Hows everyone else?

I'll post a pic soon.

Sounds pretty much like mine are doing.. I'd say you are right on schedule.
smile.gif

Cheers
Steve

I've noticed slowed growth and lower leaves as well, though many summer leaves remain, at least two are in the process of blackening. I suppose this will accelerate once I get them outside in Roanoke.

slowed growth and the new traps aren't as colorful as before...its is winter and it's just their genetic code saying "Make winter rosettes....go dormant....prepare for spring"
wow.gif
....really..plants are quite hardwired that way

When I woke up, we had some heavy frost on the ground. Apparently, the VFT escaped because it was several feet away from a box of moms plants and about 8 feet from the house under the patio, which must have insulated it.

Is that a good thing to avoid frost?

Yah, you don't want your plant to get frozen if at all posible.

The one plant I have acting normal is doing the winter thing... I think, it's growth slowed, but it always makes a rosset (mutant) so it's a tricky bugger. My other 2 VFT's are freaking out and making messed up leaves from some fungiside I used this fall to get a nasty one off my sphagnum. My last plant, #4, just croaked for weird reasons so it's not much of an idicator at this point either >_< not a good year for VFTs

Back