User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How are everybodys plants lookin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant is still producing leaves.....but has lost many summer leaves to a gradual blackening. Im cutting off the blackening traps and/or leaves. By now, the pot ways a lot lighter then it did in fall, and Im only watering it just enough so it is slightly damp. The pot appears to be more barren, and Im getting a better realization on how many rosettes I've got in their! Newer leaves are growing much slower, and seem to have the tendency of hugging the ground....though none have finished to my knowledge.

Hows everyone else?

I'll post a pic soon.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty much like mine are doing.. I'd say you are right on schedule. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed slowed growth and lower leaves as well, though many summer leaves remain, at least two are in the process of blackening. I suppose this will accelerate once I get them outside in Roanoke.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slowed growth and the new traps aren't as colorful as before...its is winter and it's just their genetic code saying "Make winter rosettes....go dormant....prepare for spring" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] ....really..plants are quite hardwired that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I woke up, we had some heavy frost on the ground. Apparently, the VFT escaped because it was several feet away from a box of moms plants and about 8 feet from the house under the patio, which must have insulated it.

Is that a good thing to avoid frost?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Is that a good thing to avoid frost?
    Well....It's not a bad thing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, you don't want your plant to get frozen if at all posible.

The one plant I have acting normal is doing the winter thing... I think, it's growth slowed, but it always makes a rosset (mutant) so it's a tricky bugger. My other 2 VFT's are freaking out and making messed up leaves from some fungiside I used this fall to get a nasty one off my sphagnum. My last plant, #4, just croaked for weird reasons so it's not much of an idicator at this point either >_< not a good year for VFTs
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List