Thread: flowers already

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My common sent one up some time ago, and I cut it the moment I saw it; it sent three more up, one right after I cut the other. I later let it almost flower, and finally snipped; it didn't send up another.
    so does this mean that if I cut the first flower soon than it will send up three more and then I will have a Potential three flowers instead of one and then I will have 60 to 90 seeds instead of 20 to 30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (fre8train @ Feb. 10 2004,17:52)]why does this flower have no leaf http://www.sarracenia.com/photos2/dmusc27.jpg
    Most likely because the flowers are usually born on the flower stalk that is 12 inches or more above the leaves. This makes it hard to get both into the same frame and in focus when taking the photograph.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fre8train,
    No, it depends on the plant, and when you cut them off, and how much stength it has. Also, they didn't come up at the same time, they came as I cut the others off. I would cut on off, and a few days later another would come up. I also noticed, that as the others came up the were progressively smaller.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Feb. 09 2004,15:07)]Darcie wrote:
    Quote[/b] ]To be more technically accurate. A VFT will flower as a last ditch effort at survival when in bad conditions. The flowering is more of a sign of the end then the cause in those situations ...
    That may be one example, but not the general case. In the wild and under cultivation conditions that mimic those found in the wild, VFTs usually initiate flower growth in the spring immediately after coming out of winter dormancy. Seed production is certainly a survival strategy of plants, but not necessarily the "last ditch effort at survival"
    hun? No, lol, I didn't mean that is why they always flower, LOL. I just ment that is one thing that can trigger the event aside from changing light conditions, lol. Of course healthy plants flower regularly. I just ment that it may be hard to know if it's healthy or last ditch effort flowering if you haven't had your plant that long.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Feb. 11 2004,11:48)]fre8train,
    No, it depends on the plant, and when you cut them off, and how much stength it has. Also, they didn't come up at the same time, they came as I cut the others off. I would cut on off, and a few days later another would come up. I also noticed, that as the others came up the were progressively smaller.
    Yah, there seems to be two windows of removal. The first is when the bud is just barely their and you pry it out of the center with a tooth pick because you can't fit scissors in. The second varries from plant to plant, but is usually around 3 inches to first flower opening.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Thanks everybody for the help, I can assure myself that the flower is natural, and not its last ditch effort to save the plant I will keep it and try to harvest seeds. I am confident enough to let it grow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123