What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungus

I have 2 vfts in the refrig right now. I noticed one has fungus growing on the surface *white stuff*. Is this bad or not? I assume I can just scrap it off with a spoon and that will fix the problem or is the soil bad now?

As I have grown in experience with cps and dormancy. I have noticed one thing that the tighter packed the soil is the easier the plants get fungus/bulb rot and other problems. Any of you experience this?
rock.gif

Thanks A Bunch,
Travis

It's more that tightly packed soil holds more water then the fact that it is tightly packed that causes the fungi levels to increase... scraing it off with a spoon if fine.

Thanks Darcie. I scraped off the fungus and put the vft back in the refrig.

Travis

You may want to spray with a fungicide such as captan as the spores from the fungi may still be present.

I have fungicide but it is about 2 years old but do not think it will hurt the plant. I also took it out of dormancy and put in close to the light.

Thanks Pondboy

Back