What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late hibernation

I put my VFT's in hibernation on January 14. So so late. But I was afraid to do it without fungicide. My question is. When can I pull them out of it? I checked them the other day to see if they still had moisture. They are looking fine. But I am wondering if I am screwing up their cycle by putting them in and out late. Any ideas or revelations? I guess they need 3 months. Should I keep them in full term? I am dying to get them going. Thank you.
rock.gif

Na I do not think that would screw them up. Keep them in for 2 to 3 months and that should be good enough.

Trav1s
smile.gif

Don't feel too bad. Due to certain constraints related to dorm living, I too had to put my plants down late (Jan. 18th for me). We just get to wait until Mid-March/Early April for our plants. Anyway, there's always next year
smile.gif

At least I'm not the only one. I'm giving them till the 15th of March. Beware the Ides of March! Can't wait any longer than that. Will try to get them to bed sooner this fall. Thanks.

I put mine in mid-december, had a major accident regarding temp and reput them in about the time you did. I would wait 1-2 more weeks, a short light dormencey should be okay this one time, just don't wait too long or you will have issues getting them to go to sleep next fall.

Thanks, will do. I was just anxious on when to bring them out. Glen

So, I COULD bring them out during spring break (march 13-21)? Or is that still too early?

I had them ready by Thanksgiving. It's just I never got my Fungicide till late. They were putting out new leaves when I put them under. They went two months already in a low light dormacy already.That's what startled me. They were coming back to life. I was putting them out on the porch during the day and in the basement at night. They wanted to sleep. I will give them a couple more weeks. Then I'm pulling them out. Matter of fact. I'm giving them one more week. Thanks for the help.

Yup, early March should be fine
smile.gif

Somewhere around St. Patricks day should be fine
smile.gif

Back