What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i did not kill my plants

Yea!!! I think my babies survived the dormancy okay. I was nervous because I've been known to kill plants ( I haven't got a clue most of the time when it comes to plant care) plus, this was my first dormancy with them. (I'm new at this.) I kept them outside in a shaded portion of the balcony the whole time and they seem alright. (I live in north texas) I just made sure their soil didn't dry out.

When can I expect them to start growing vigorously again?

Mine usually start growing within a couple of weeks (10 to 14 days) after I put them where they can get some direct sun.

Congatulations on getting them through your first dormancy!
icon14.gif

smile.gif

BCK

Gee, Steve, doesn't T's post sound like something I would say - except for the north Texas part?

laugh.gif
I knew it sounded familiar!

smile.gif

BCK

Well congrats if they survive. It took me two years of killing vft durning dormancy before I had any survive.

To borrow a Tamlin phrase, "You grow, girl!" All four of mine survived dormancy (Rachel, named after my daughter, and Larry, Daryl, & Daryl). I'm just waitin' for their prospective scapes to show up!

Thanks for the support, guys! woo-hoo! now i want to get more becuase the way i figure, if i'm going to have to invest the time to care for two plants, why not use the same amount of effort and take care of several?

i'm looking to get a red dragon variety. i didn't see any here. anyone know a good place to get one of those?

Pft sells the "green dragons" wich are basically a improved `red dragon' at a fairly reasonable price:) .

o. i've got one of those already though. (i got em from pft) any other suggestions?
biggrin.gif

Forget the CP's! The car is awesome!

now, now... cars AND cps...:D

you ever put anymore thought into a giac chip?

peace,
technoracer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (technoracer @ Mar. 04 2004,18:49)]now, now...  cars AND cps...:D

you ever put anymore thought into a giac chip?

peace,
technoracer

i was looking at apr and neuspeed chips but i'm concerned because although my Beetle has a 4 yr bumper to bumper warranty, there are over 75K miles:( i'm not a racer or anything, i just want a little mor giddy-up (on top of the turbo).

Back