Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Retarded Dormancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] I am a proud owner of a very special venus flytrap. This happy little plant didn't go dormant all winter and is going dormant right now. He is currently growing winter leaves in my terrarium, we put him there because he wouldn't go dormant outside. The little plant thinks it's winter [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img] Oh well. At least he's happy. This flytrap happens to be Todd, my first ever CP. I'm happy he's alive. I live in Southern California, and it's pretty warm, so that's probably why he had a hard time going dormant. Hope he survives. (P.S. VFT's aren't male+female like neps right, i don't wanna change "his" name!!!!)
    Uh... my email is captainalan@gmail.com
    Disney is trying to take over the world. They have castles all around the globe. Kids like Mickey mouse more than our president, soon he will rise to power!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah vfts are hermaphrodetic Lol.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You put a VFT into a terrarium for dormancy? Was this a cool and low-lit terrarium?
    If not, no VFT in the world is going to go dormant in a terrarium that is in "grow mode" Your garage or refrigerator is probably a safer bet. Hopefully it makes it through this season and it can have a real dormancy next autumn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought six large VFTs in Dec. because the seller was trying to make them grow. I brought them home put them into those glad gallon freezer bags,and put the bags in a coke bottle crate. I tossed em' into the fridge. The ones I took out last Wed. ALREADY HAVE FOUR NEW TRAPS COMMING UP. I don't think your going to have much sucess in your terrarium unless your lights are timed to 12 Hr. or less and you can get it pretty cold in there.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four new traps? I put mine down in November, gradually decreasing temp and light until I had them in the fridge. Ther wasn't an iota of growth on the immature traps during the whole period. It has been two weeks since I woke them up and the immature traps picked up where they left off. Three more traps have followed, by a flower and another new trap. I think mine was out cold!