What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do the growth points look like?

<span style='color:black'>Hi, I'm wondering what these "growth points" actually look like. Could someone please post some pics? If I could get some info on them too, that would be great. Thanks!

Flytrap Dude</span>

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. You want pictures of the emerging leaves? Not exactly visually stimulating!

SF
smile.gif

<span style='color:black'>sorry about that. My computer is retarded tonight. What I was trying to ask was: could I get some info. and/or pics. on "growth points" and what they look like.
Sorry:(</span>

You need to change your font color in "Your Control Panel"
You are currently using a white font and your text is not showign up.

Your first question was
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi, I'm wondering what these "growth points" actually look like. Could someone please post some pics? If I could get some info on them too, that would be great. Thanks!

Flytrap Dude

The second question was
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi, I'm wondering what these "growth points" actually look like. Could someone please post some pics? If I could get some info on them too, that would be great. Thanks!

Flytrap Dude

Cheers,
Sean

This is not a great pic of the growth point, but you can see a flower coming up.

VFT%20Flowering.jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Growth point, also known as the apical meristem. The point on the plant where all new leaf and flower growth is initiated.</span>

I have a picture of one of my plants that made a tunnle to it's growth point with new leaves from the surface if you want me to post it. I have to upload it and stuff so just ask.

<span style='color:black'>Thanks guys,(and girls).
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
</span>

Johnathon,

You still need to change your font color in "Your Control Panel" so we can see what you are typing. A little hint, Black is the best color font for a white background.

Cheers,
Sean

Hey Sean, I can see his text as black. Are you sure it isn't something with your settings?

i see it fine as well. I think flytrapdude wants a pic of the rhizome

It was white, I'll vouch for you Sean!

SF
wink.gif

It was white yesterday.  The only way I could read it was by highlighting it.  So it's obvious that Flytrap dude took Sean's advice to changed his font color.

smile.gif

BCK

Back