What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name This Trap Please

• Thread starter jon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    leaves
Ok, I just bought this one from OSH (it's a hard ware store). I checked around on the net and only found this picture (see below). That person's not sure either.
I'm thinking saw tooth, but the teeth are'nt the typical small and short. The leaves are long and it has LARGE heads on em... Any thoughts?

dentae.jpg

That's a beautiful robust dente.
smile.gif

Red Piranha are all red(well actually more purplish) when grown properly..  Leaves, traps everything. Judging by the color in the traps it was grown with plenty of light so would also be exhibiting red/purple petioles also.

Deffinately one of the Dente type.
Tony

Tony, that is a beautiful plant! Reminds me of a Royal Red with a dental problem.

Ok, we've narrowed it down to Dente....let's keep going, could this be a new mutation?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 25 2004,8:15)]Red Piranha are all red(well actually more purplish) when grown properly..  Leaves, traps everything.  Judging by the color in the traps it was grown with plenty of light so would also be exhibiting red/purple petioles also.

Deffinately one of the Dente type.
Tony
I stand corrected, man your good

Nice dente! I like the filiform petioles,and bright red traps.:)

What I find most interesting about this plant is the arched look of the traps...

Yeah I like that too my "clumping cv." grows arched traps,but my "typical" never does!

that is exactly what mine looks like, check my thread for new pics, its exactly the same type.

Hey Jon, that's wickedthistle's plant!
biggrin.gif
She picked it up at the LACPS meetings. The guy brought in a whole tray full of red vfts. No labels, so nobody really knows what exactly the vfts are.

Hey Jon,

It's either a dente or sawtooth. Lately it's been doing some odd things, but mostly seems to be dente. I bought it from Don. His traps are always very red because he puts them close to lights. It's since faded a bit, but I suspect it's a very red strain of dentae....

Hmmm...the plot thickens, lol. Ok, I bought it at OSH, maybe that's where Don got it originally and then propigated it out and gave it to my fellow LACPS members? (okk, that's a streatch...)

Back