Here's some things I have noticed about the way my flytraps close:
- They close faster at the end of the day/slower in the morning
- Brand new traps don't close fast. Give them a week, then they will.
- The traps close faster when it's warmer
- Sometimes you'll get a trap that for some reason will just never ever close.
- The traps may close very very fast on one plant and slower on another. I've noticed my "Red Dragons" close much much faster than my "Typical"
- Sometimes after a trap has eaten, it won't close unless I scrape the dead dried remains off and wait a week.
I hope this helps.
I got them just this March. I've had them for about 15 days.