Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf cuttings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Feb 4th 2004 I took four leaf cuttings. Two I soaked in superthrive and two I didn't. Granted the light was weak for the first couple of weeks, but plantletts appeared from the 2 w/ST around March 20th or so. I now use one of those propagation containers you can buy about anywhere, filled with a 1:1:1: mix sand, peat, and long fiber spag. If you decide to use a freash leaf I've had the cutting live as long as three weeks before turning brown. I dont use new leaves anymore. Every couple months, or when I decide to clean up the dead leaves I'll find leaves that have just started to wither, and use them.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i dont get wenu soak them with ST, for how long? and how much ST do u use? then u put it in the prop containers ? how long does it take to sprout ?
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to start the cuttings in distilled water like some do with drosera? I've tried, but they "dried out", even when kept very moist.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12