What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT picture

• Thread starter homer
  • Start date
Hello,

Here's a pic I took today of my VFT container.  The plants are in full growth.  They've been in the terrarium here for a month and a half.  Typical, Dente, and Red Dragon types are represented here.  Of course the Red Dragon's will get nice and red once they go outside during the summer.

enjoy,

Homer

vft.jpg

Beautiful! How did your traps get so big? Mine are only a half an inch and they are mature too.:cool:

Johnathon,

I'm not sure.  I bought the plants in the Spring of 2003 at a local nursery.  They were average size I guess.  Maybe a combination of a nice dormancy, deep pot with lots of sand, along with a low waterlevel keeps them happy.

-Homer

my neglected vft outside is the biggest. its trap could almost fit a quarter. I dont know why. maby it catches and traps more or maby the sunlight maby its the neglect of water that lets it dry out more between waterings.

Nice plant Homer...good pic also.
smile.gif

What is that great looking Drosera in the backround to the left??? It is beautiful. Any chance you could post a photo of it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ April 27 2004,8:54)]What is that great looking Drosera in the backround to the left???
That looks like a binata. POST A PIC! YA!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flytrap dude @ Mar. 31 2004,10:35)]Beautiful!  How did your traps get so big?  Mine are only a half an inch and they are mature too.:cool:
I bought a common VFT from Home Depot last June, with its largest traps at 1/2". After a couple months of being on an east window sill, in a former pretzel container, the traps attained 1". No Grow Lights. No outdoors. Nothing professional. Beginner's luck?

NM i didn't read the top

I'm noticing the d. binata also.
wow.gif
but nice vft really healthy!

Nice vfts! I especialy like the large`dente' in the center:)

Back