What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Dragon vs. Red Dragon

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have seen occasional pictures posted of the two VFT's. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between the two. It also may be a bad time of year due plants that are just coming out of dormancy and having lost significant color. How can I tell one from the other?

If you got them from reliable sources such that they are "pedigree", and you grow them in similar conditions, you 'll be able to notice the difference:
akai ryu will be totally deep red
green dragon will have some green and deep red coloration.

Green Dragon:
108321342LgXDzh_th.jpg

Red Dragon
120180502gNcaZl_th.jpg

Green Dragon is the more vigorous of the two too.

Hmmn. Though the Red Dragon is less clear, I'd say that I most likely have a trio of Green Dragons - that look more like a Green Common at the moment, since it is fresh out of dormancy. Thank you for your input!

I find Green Dragon and Red Dragon to be identical.

Both of mine are exactly the same color throughout the year.

yup, i got a green dragon and it does grow well, heck after its dormancy it seems to have grown 2 offshoot plants near its base and u can see them in the pot, very small traps, but increasing in size with each new leaf, at the same time its growing flower stalk, wow.

The Green Dragon in sufficient light will turn all red......

I had to label mine, as I could not tell the diference for the exception of how vigirous the g dragon is.

Back